Our Staff Did It AGAIN...
The GSB staff raised over $10,000.00 through their Blue Jeans for Charity program in 2017! Every Friday, a staff member can wear blue jeans to work for a weekly donation of $5.00 At the end of every quarter, each staff member chooses where they would like their donation to go. A letter is sent to the recipient explaining the program and check is included. The last quarter in 2017, donations were sent to 29 different local charities!
Our Blue Jeans for Charity program started in its infancy over 10 years ago. We have reached the $10,000 mark twice and are hoping we can reach that goal again in 2018!
Congratulations Are In Order!
At The Guaranty State Bank and Trust Company’s annual meeting, the following staff changes were announced:
• Ruth Emerson has been named Senior Vice President, Technology, Security and IT Officer.Ruth has been employed by The Guaranty for over 35 years. She began employment in the bookkeeping department and has been in charge of this area for almost 20 years. This area has seen many changes through the years and they are always looking for ways to improve service to our customers. Ruth has been married to her high school sweetheart, Roger, for 35 years. They have 3 children, Ryan (Jamie), Joelle Emerson and Jordyn (Jakob) DeMars and currently have 4 grandchildren with another arriving in August. Ruth’s free time is spent with her family, baking and travelling with her twin sister and their spouses.
• Gaylene Sorell has been named Senior Vice President of Loan Services/Head of Loan Operations. Gaylene has been employed at The Guaranty for over 36 years. She began working in the bookkeeping department and also has experience in the Trust and C. D. departments. As Gaylene’s loan portfolio increased, she became a valuable asset in the loan department. Gaylene and her husband, Jerry, live on a farm south of Asherville and they grow crops and work with cattle. They have 3 children, Jacqueline (Matt) Deneke, Katrina Sorell and Savannah (Wayne) Robeson and enjoy 5 grandchildren. Her hobbies include: spending time with her family, gardening and cooking.
• Travis Ray was named Vice President of Loans and Bank Manager of our Smith Center office. Travis has been with The Guaranty for five years, beginning his employment in our Beloit office after graduating from Fort Hays State University with a degree in Finance. Travis has been in the Smith Center office for almost two years. He grew up in Norton and enjoys hunting, fishing and coaching little kids wrestling in his spare time.
• Debra Maruska has been named Assistant Vice President of Loan Services and Loan Operations in our Smith Center office. Debra was employed by First National Bank joined The Guaranty staff in March, 2014 as a result of the acquisition. Debra was working in the deposit area of the bank and just recently moved to the loan area in the latter part of 2017. She and her husband, Jason, have 3 children, Justin, Jordan and Kaitlyn. In her spare time, Debra loves to spend time with her family, spending time on the farm and cooking with her daughter.
• Kent Bruna has been named Assistant Vice President, Loan Services, Appraiser and Trust Farm Manager. Kent recently joined The Guaranty staff in May, 2017, after graduating from Kansas State University with a degree in Agribusiness. Kent married his high school sweetheart, Colleen, in October. She works as an LPN at Mitchell County Hospital Health Systems. Kent enjoys spending time on the family farm in Hanover, hunting and cooking.