A Guaranty State Bank & Trust Company Check Card gives you the convenience of making purchases anywhere Visa is accepted. Your purchases are deducted from your checking account, just as if you’d written a check.
- A check card can speed up your transactions, because it’s faster than writing a check.
- Using your check card lets you carry less cash because your check card works at thousands of ATMs.
- Accepted at millions of locations that accept Visa cred/debit cards.
- Use instead of cash or checks for everyday purchases.
- Pay bills online with your Visa Check Card.
How it Works
- Open a new Guaranty State Bank & Trust Company Checking account, or add to an existing account.
- Make purchases with your Visa Check Card, and the amount is directly deducted from your Checking account.
- Check card transactions are protected by the Guaranty State Bank & Trust Company's Zero Liability Policy.1
- Track purchases in Online Banking and on monthly checking account statements.
What is a Check Card?
Your Visa® Check Card lets you make purchases quickly and conveniently, anywhere Visa is accepted. The purchases you make with your check card are deducted from your checking account, just as if you’d written a check. You can also use your check card at ATMs.
Why Does My Card Have a Visa® Logo?
The logo on your check card lets you use it at millions of locations around the world that accept Visa debit cards. This includes movie theaters, restaurants, gas stations, purchases on the Internet and ATMs. But your purchases are always deducted directly from your checking account.
Is the Visa Check Card safe to use?
Guaranty State Bank & Trust Company Visa® Check Cards provide security and peace of mind.
- Protect your transactions with the GSB&T Visa Zero Liability Policy.
- Find out how using Verified by Visa automatically password-protects your purchases when you shop online.
- Get detailed records of your check card purchases and access monthly statements with GSB&T Online Banking.
How do I Activate My Card?
Before you can use your Visa Check Card, you’ll need to activate it.
Your new check card will arrive in the mail in a plain unmarked envelope. Once you receive it, you can activate your check card by doing any one of the following:
- Making a withdrawal at any ATM.2
- Calling us toll free at 888-738-8000.
- Bringing your check card to your local Guaranty State Bank & Trust Company branch, and ask your banker to activate it for you.
After you've activated your card, simply sign your name on the back and start using it.
Should I Choose “Credit” or “Debit?”
When you swipe your check card to make a purchase, you may be presented with two options: "credit" or "debit."
If you push the “credit" button, you’ll need to sign a receipt, but you won’t be asked to enter your PIN.
If you push the "debit" button, you will be required to enter your PIN.
Regardless of which option you choose, your purchase will be deducted from your Guaranty State Bank & Trust Company Checking account.
How Can I Track My Purchases?
There are several ways to track your check card purchases. You can enter your transactions in your checkbook register. Your purchases will also appear on your monthly checking account statement. Or, you can keep track of your check card purchases with Guaranty State Bank & Trust Company's Online Banking. Not enrolled yet? Enroll today!
Does My Card Have Purchase and Withdrawal Limits?
Yes, your check card is subject to daily purchase and cash/ATM withdrawal limits. To find out what your daily purchase limit is, call your local Guaranty State Bank & Trust Company branch or toll free 888-738-8000.
Can I Use My Card to Pay My Bills?
Yes! You can use your Visa Check Card to pay just about any bill online or over the phone. In most cases, the payment is credited to the account immediately. You can also schedule ongoing payments, if you prefer.
What are Non-PIN Purchases?
Any transaction that does not require you to enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is a considered a “non-PIN” purchase.
1. Visa's Zero Liability policy covers GSB&T issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholders must notify issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details.
2. Transaction fees may apply when used at non GSB&T ATMs. Other ATM owners may assess a usage fee.